PDF version also available
Pivotal, Cloud Foundry, Jun. 2014–Present
Engineering Director (Oct. 2017–Present)
- Managing an office of about 70 engineers and providing technical leadership to about 10 product teams.
- Sustainably grew the office from about 25 engineers to about 70 within the first eighteen months in the role.
Engineering Manager (Jan. 2016–Oct. 2017)
- Managed 8-10 individuals distributed across multiple teams.
- Enabled, encouraged, and coached multiple engineers to reach new professional accomplishments and increased levels of contribution and impact.
- Coached individuals into becoming first-time managers and helped junior managers navigate the role.
Software Engineer (Jun. 2014–Oct. 2017)
- Dev-ops engineer across various teams; worked primarily with Go, Ruby and Bash.
- Created tooling to facilitate running BOSH deployments in Linux containers for security and an improved developer experience.
- Designed and implemented an OAuth proxy which can be integrated with Cloud Foundry Route Services to provide an easy, reusable mechanism to secure applications running on a Cloud Foundry instance.
- Extended MySQL/MariaDB BOSH deployment to be highly-available.
- Migrated various teams' continuous integration from Jenkins to GoCD and then to Concourse.
Oracle, Tape Library Systems, Sep. 2012–Jun. 2014
Java web developer and Linux sysadmin
- Designed and implemented a new control system for tape libraries.
- Responsible for developing core behavior, code architecture, internal/external API definition and implementation, and hardware simulation.
- Devised and maintained development environment and build process, including continuous integration.
- Educated team members on language and framework features and agile practices.
Softwire Technology Ltd, Sep. 2011–Sep. 2012
Java web developer
- Designed and implemented bespoke web applications.
- Developed content management system and API for high profile BBC /music/events website using Spring, MySQL, Hibernate and Tomcat. Delivered ahead of schedule.
- Enhanced major international retailer's online shop website, incorporating Spring, Microsoft SQL, Hibernate and Tomcat. Rapid comprehension of large existing codebase resulted in delivery significantly ahead of schedule.
Inmarsat, Jul. 2010–Sep. 2010
C++ Application developer
- Developed C++ application for performing offline analysis of satellite payload using FFTs to model satelite payload for 2010 Brazillian presidential election. Delivered on schedule, with 95%-accurate prediction for data usage profiles.
Pace PLC, Jul. 2009–Sep. 2009
Embedded C developer
- Converted MATLAB model of 802.11g data transmitter/receiver to C as preparation for embedding into ARM processor, devising new implementations of proprietary algorithms provided by MATLAB libraries. Delivered ahead of schedule.
University of Cambridge, Sep. 2007–Jul. 2011
MEng, Engineering: Information & Electrical Sciences